Using some of the industry’s most advanced technologies and tools, Comar’s highly skilled team will guide your product from concept development, to design and engineering, to modeling, prototyping and sampling, through to commercialization.
Our innovative leadership position has been achieved through:
- In-house engineering, research & development.
- Numerous patents that support products, tooling & processes. (Ask us about our 80 plus patents and 6 trademarks in both the US and abroad!)
- A history of successful new products developed to fill market demand, including:
- Comar was the first to market with a printed dosage cup, which has become the preferred choice over engraved cups in the OTC market for liquid medications. AccuCup® provides enhanced visibility when measuring liquid medications, enabling an accurate dose.
- Our reusable oral dispenser was designed for the OTC market to improve dosing accuracy, replacing the traditional dropper assembly. The innovative wiper design reduces choking hazard by eliminating the need for a small rubber grommet and silicone lubricant. The plunger design contours to the barrel for a more reliable vacuum seal and requires less force to activate.
- Comar was the first to market in North America with an ophthalmic child-resistant closure. SecureCap® closures utilize our patented two-piece push-and-turn technology, and meet Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Protocol Title 16 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1700.2.
- In 2013, Comar was the first to innovate and improve upon original bottle adapter designs that act as open flow restrictors. The DoseGuard® valved bottle adapter offers closed flow control and features a passive valve that provides additional protection against unintentional access to liquid medication. DoseGuard can now be found in both OTC and Rx medications.
- Comar was the first to introduce 100% PCR (post-consumer regrind) bottles and was a leader in conversions from glass to PET for Wide Mouth Round Packer bottles.
- Comar is a leader in developing products incorporating oxygen barrier materials.
As a leading injection and blow molding company with expertise in all major rigid processing platforms — including Injection Molding, Extrusion Blow Molding, Injection Blow Molding and Injection Stretch Blow Molding — Comar offers some of the most unique custom molding and blow molding solutions available anywhere. With a commitment to continued growth, standardizing best practices, and sharing information across the organization, Comar is a company to watch.